« السابقةمتابعة »
“ Search the Scriptures, for in them ye think ye have eternal life.
5th John; 39th ver.
“As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one
“ Read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest them.” Church Collect
Sweetest pleasures while we live,
PRINTED BY J. SHEARCROFT.
“ Feed my lambs.”
Lord, to whom shall we go ? thou hast the words of eternal life.” " If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine whether
it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.” “ Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the
light, lest darkness come upon you.” “ If ye love me, keep my commandments." “ God is a Spirit, and they that worship Him must worship Him in
spirit and in truth." “ Work the works of Him that sent you, while it is day : the night
cometh when no man can work.”
“Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you." “ If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will
love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode
with him. He that loveth me not, keepeth not my sayings.” “Be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your
own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass : for he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was, but whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the word, this man shall be blessed in his deed. If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart,
this man's religion is vain." “Seek not to be rich, but to be happy. The one lies in bags, the
other in content, which wealth can never give.
“ The mind that would be happy, must be great ;
TO ALL SINCERELY DEVOUT CHRISTIAN READERS
OF GOD'S HOLY WORD,
ARE HUMBLY DEDICATED,
WITH THE TRUE AND EARNEST REGARD,
14. The Blessings of the Eucharist
15. The Narrative of Jonah Practically Illustrated- Jonah's Call,
Disobedience, and Just Punishment
16. The Narrative of Jonah Continued.-Jonah's Confession .....
17. The Narrative of Jonah Continued.-Jonah's Advice.--His
18. The Narrative of Jonah Continued.—Jonah's Prayer.
19. The Narrative of Jonah Continued.-Jonah's Consolation,
Thanksgiving, and Deliverance
20. The Narrative of Jonah Continued-Jonah's Renewed Mission 121
21. The Narrative of Jonah Continued.— The Repentance of Nine-
22. The Narrative of Jonah Continued.—Jonah's Displeasure at
God's Mercy.—The Gourd
23. The Narrative of Jonah Practically Concluded.—Jonah's Sec-
ond Punishment ...
24. Christ Crucified the Hupe of Future Glory
25. The One Thing Needful
26. Is it better for a Young Person on entering Life to meet with
Prosperity or Adversity ?
27. Brotherly Love an essential Quality for the Christian . 170
28. Practical Conclusion