« السابقةمتابعة »
He knoweth our down-sitting and our up-rising: he compasseth our path: he counteth all our steps: he is acquainted with all our ways; and when we enter into our closet, and shut our door, he seeth
? By him are actions weighed: he pondereth all our goings; neither is there a word in our tongues but he knoweth it altogether.
3 The Lord knoweth the hearts of all men; he searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts : he knoweth the things that come into our mind, every one of them; and no thought can be withholden from him.
* He discerneth the thoughts and intents of the heart; he understandeth our thoughts afar off.
* Thou, even thou only, O God, knowest the hearts of all the children of men.
• Thus saith the Lord, concerning idols ; let them shew us what shall happen; let them shew the former things, what they be, or declare us things for to come: let them shew the things that are to come hereafter, that we may know that they are gods; yea, there is none that sheweth; yea, there is none that declareth; yea, there is none that heareth their words.
Wherefore doth the wicked contemn God, and À say
thus in his heart? How doth God know? Is there knowledge in the Most High? Can he judge : through the dark cloud ? The Lord shall not see, neither shall God regard us : Or why doth he say,
1 Psal. cxxxix, 2, 3. Job xxxi, 4. Psal. cxxxix. 3. Matt. vi. 6. 2 1 Sam. ii. 3. Prov. v. 21. Psal. cxxxix. 4.
3 Acts i. 24. 1 Chron. xxviii. 9. Ezek. xi. 5. Job xlii. 2.
4 Heb. iv. 12. Psal. cxxxix. 2. 5 ] Kings viii. 39. 6 Isa. xli. 22, 23. 26.
7 Psal. x. 13. Psal. lxxiii. ll. Job xxii. 13. Psal. xciv. 7. Psal. x. 11, 14. Jer. xxix. 23.
God hath forgotten, he hideth his face, he will never
For surely the Lord beholdeth mischief and spite to requite it; and whoever committeth villainy or adultery, or speaketh lying words in my name, even I know, and am a witness, saith the Lord.
The Lord knoweth the manifold transgressions of the wicked, and their mighty sins : he will never forget any of their works : for his eyes are upon the ways of man, and there is no darkness or shadow of death, where the workers of iniquity may hide themselves.
Shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He hath no understanding? He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? He that formed the eye, shall he not see? He that teacheth man knowledge, shall not he know?
3 God hath not eyes of flesh. The Lord seeth not as man seeth : for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.
* Neither is his ear heavy that it cannot hear. 'Shall any teach God knowledge ?
• God is wise in heart: his thoughts are very deep. He is mighty in wisdom; he is wonderful in counsel, and excellent in working.
The Lord possessed wisdom in the beginning of his
way, before his works of old; while as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
| Amos v. 12. Amos viji. 7. Job xxxiv. 22.
2 Isa. xxix. 16. Psal. xciv. 9, 10. 3 Job x. 4. 1 Sam. xvi. 7. 4 Isa. lix. 1.
6 Job xxi. 22. 6 Job ix. 4. Psal. xcii. 5. Job xxxvi. 5. Isa. xxviii. 29.
7 Prov. viii. 22. 26.
1 The Lord by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens; by his knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds drop down the dew : He hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion. O Lord, how manifold are thy works ! in wisdom hast thou made them all.
? And God saw every thing that he had made, and behold it was very good. He hath made every thing beautiful in his time.
* He is the only wise God.
4 Who hath known the mind of the Lord ? Or who hath been his counsellor? Who hath directed the Spirit of the Lord? Or being his counsellor, hath taught him? With whom took he counsel ? Who instructed him and taught him knowledge, and shewed to him the way of understanding?
* Where shall wisdom be found, and where is the place of understanding? The depth saith, It is not in me; and the sea saith, It is not with me; it cannot be gotten for gold, neither shall silver be weighed for the price thereof: Whence then cometh wisdom, seeing it is hid from the eyes of all living? God understandeth the way thereof, and he knoweth the place thereof.
Behold, he putteth no trust in his servants, and his angels he chargeth with folly.
The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain; for the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God.
* There are many devices in a man's heart; never
1 Prov. iii. 19, 20. Jer. x. 12. Psal. civ. 24.
2 Gen. i. 31. Eccles. iii. 11. 3 1 Tim. i. 17.
4 Rom. xi. 34. Isa. xl. 13, 14.
5 Job xxvii. 12. 14, 15. 20. 28. 20, 21. 23. 6 Job iv. 18. 7 1 Cor. iii. 20. 19. 8 Prov. xix. 21. Prov. xxi. 30. Job v. 13. Isa. xliv, 25.
theless the counsel of the Lord, that shall stand. For there is no wisdom, nor understanding, nor counsel against the Lord ; who taketh the wise in their own craftiness, turneth them backward, and maketh their knowledge foolish.
He respecteth not any that are wise of heart; because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; And he chooseth the foolish things of this world to confound the wise, that no flesh should glory in his presence.
? Who hath put wisdom in the inward parts? Or who hath given understanding to the heart? God giveth wisdom to the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding.
* Power belongeth unto God He is Almighty, and can do every thing.
* The Lord God omnipotent reigneth; and in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength.
• When his word goeth forth out of his mouth, it shall not return unto him void, but it shall accomplish that which he pleaseth: and it shall prosper in the thing whereto he sendeth it. As he hath thought, so shall it come to pass; and as he hath purposed, so shall it stand; and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.
* He worketh signs and wonders in heaven and in earth; and he calleth those things that be not as though they were. How great are his signs, and how mighty are his wonders !
1 Job xxxvii. 24. 1 Cor. i. 25. 27. 29.
2 Job xxxviii. 36. Dan. ii. 21.
3 Psal. lxii. ll. Gen. xvii. 1. Job xlii. 2. 4 Rev. xix. 6. Isa. xxvi. 4.
5 Isa. lv. ll. Isa. xiv. 24. Job xxiii, 13. 6 Dan. vi. 27. Rom. iv. 17. Dan. iv. 31.
God hath power to help and to cast down: to save and to destroy, and he is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think : for he is strong that executeth his word, and he is able even to subdue all things unto himself. -. There is nothing too hard for the Lord. There is no restraint to the Lord, to save by many or by few, or with them that have no power. For he saveth not with sword and spear; and his strength is made perfect in weakness.
* Hast thou not known ? Hast thou not heard ? that the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary ?
* He neither slumbereth nor sleepeth ; neither is his hand waxed short that it cannot save.
* Thus saith the Lord thy Redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb; I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone ; that spreadeth abroad the earth, by myself; I, even I am he, and there is no God with me.
He alone doth great wonders. He only doth wondrous things.
The Lord is mighty in strength, excellent in power, who is like unto him?
8 What God is there in heaven or in earth, that can do according to his works, and according to his might?
9 Are there any among the vanities of the Gentiles that can cause rain ?
Or can the heavens give showers? Art not thou he, O Lord our God, who hast made all these things?
1 2 Chron. xxv. 8. James iv. 12. Eph. iii. 20. Joel ii. 11. Phil. iii. 21.
2 Jer. xxxii. 17. 1 Sam. xiv. 6. 2 Chron. xiv. 11. 1 Sam. xvii. 47. 2 Cor. xii. 9. 3 Isa. xl. 28. 4 Psal. cxxi. 4. Numb. xi. 23. Isa. lix. ).
5 Jsa. xliv. 24. Deut. xxxii. 39. 6 Psal. cxxxvi. 4. Psal. lxxii. 18. 7 Job ix. 4. Job xxxvii. 23. Psal. xxxv, 10. 8 Deut. iii. 24.
9 Jer, xiv. 22.