« السابقةمتابعة »
God created man; male and female created he them. Thou, O Lord, art our Father, and we are all the work of thy hand. We are the clay, and thou our potter. Thy hands have made us and fashioned us. Thou hast clothed us with skin and flesh, and hath fenced us with bones and sinews. did see our substance, yet being imperfect; and in thy book were all our members written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
* The Lord hath formed the spirit of man within him, he hath made us this soul.
* He made of one blood all nations of men, for to dwell on the face of the earth.
* The Lord he is God, it is he that hath made us and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
He hath created us for his glory; he hath formed us for himself, that we should shew forth his praise.
By the word of the Lord were the heavens made, and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth. 7
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the Word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
* He spake, and they were made ; he commanded, and they were created. He said, Let them be, and it was so.
• The Lord hath made all things for himself: and for his pleasure they are and were created. For
1 Gen. i. 27. Isa. Ixiv. 8. Job x. 8. 11. Psal. cxxxix. 10. * Zech. xii. 1. Jer. xxxvii. 16. 3 Acts xvii. 26. 4 Psal. c. 3. 5 Isa. xliii. 7. 21.
6 Psal. xxxiii. 6.
7 Heb. xi. 3. 8 Psal. cxlviii. 5. [Old Transl.] Gen. i.
9 Prov. xvi. 4. Rev. iv. 11. Rom, xi. 36.
of him, and through him, and to him, are all things.
Why then hath the fool said in his heart ; there is no God? Understand, ye brutish among the people, and ye fools, when will ye be wise? Shall the work say of him that made it, he made me not?
Every house is builded by some man, but he that built all things is God.
GOD IS THE PRESERVER OF ALL THINGS. By him all things consist. * He preserveth and upholdeth all things by the word of his power; and they continue this day according to his ordinances.
5 The Lord hath established the heavens, and the earth, and they abide.
• He hath compassed the waters with bounds until the day and night come to an end : he bindeth the floods from overflowing.
And because he hath said it ; therefore while the earth remaineth, seed-time and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night, shall not cease.
The earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God.
. With thee, O Lord, is the fountain of life. Thou preservest man and beast. Thou givest food to all flesh : in whose hand is the soul of
1 Psal. xiv, 1. Psal. xciv. 8. Isa. xxix. 16.
2 Heb. iii. 4. 3 Col. i. 17.
4 Neh. ix. 6. Heb. i. 3. Psal. cxix. 91. 5 Prov. iii. 19. Psal. cxix. 90. 6 Job xxvi. 10. Job xxviii. 11. 7 Gen. viii. 21, 22.
8 Heb. vi. 7.
9 Psal. xxxvi. 9. 6. Psal. cxxxvi. 25. Job xii. 10.
every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.
* And God blessed every living creature, and said unto them ; Be fruitful and multiply. He said also to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat; and it was so.
· The Lord, He is the preserver of men. * In him we live, and move, and have our being.
* He holdeth our soul in life; and he will be our guide even unto death.
* My defence is of God. The Lord is my keeper. I laid me down and slept; I awaked, for the Lord
I sustained me: the Lord shall preserve my going out and my coming in.
He is with me, and will keep me in all places whither I go, and give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on. For by him have I been holden up from the womb; he hath fed me all my life long.
? Thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety, and thy visitation preserveth my spirit.
GOD IS THE SUPREME LORD, DISPOSER, AND
GOVERNOR OF ALL THINGS.
• The most high God is the possessor of heaven and earth. All that is in the heaven and in the earth is his. The world is his, and the fulness thereof.
God is the judge of all, and he reigneth over
i Gen. i. 21, 22. 25. 28. 30. 2 Job vii. 20.
3 Acts xvii. 28. 4 Psal. lxvi. 9. Psal. xlviii. 14.
5 Psal. vii. 10. Psal. cxxi. 5. Psal. iii. 5. Psal. cxxi. 8.
6 Gen. xxviii. 15. 20. Psal. lxxi. 6. Gen. xlviii. 15.
7 Psal. iv, 8. Job x. 12. & Gen. xiv. 22. 1 Chron. xxix. ll. Psal. I. 12. 9 Heb. xii. 23. 3 Prov.
all. Thine is the kingdom, O Lord, and thou art exalted as head above all. All things serve thee.
* Whatsoever the Lord pleaseth, that doth he in heaven and in earth, in the seas and in all deep places.
? He hath appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth; and he doth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth.
* The counsel of the Lord, that shall stand, and he will do all his pleasure.
* All angels, and authorities, and powers, are subject to him; and his angels do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word. The sun, and the moon,
and the stars, even all the host of heaven, the Lord hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven. • ,
He appointeth the moon for seasons, and the sun knoweth his going down.
? He commandeth the sun, and it riseth not, and he sealeth
the stars. He turneth the shadow of death into the morning, and maketh the day dark with night.
8 God thundereth marvellously with his voice; he directeth the sound of it under the whole heaven, and his lightning unto the ends of the earth.
? He causeth the vapours to ascend; he maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures.
He saith to the snow, Be thou on the earth; he calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth.
1 Psal. cxxxv. 6.
5 Deut. iv. 19.
2 Jer. xxxii. 26. Dan. iv. 35.
4 1 Pet. iji. 22. Psal. ciii, 20. 6 Psal. civ. 19. 7 Job ix. 7. Amos v. 8. 9 Jer. x. 13.
10 Job xxxvii, 6.
: 1 By the breath of God frost is given, and the breadth of the waters is straitened.
2 Fire and hail, snow and vapour, wind and storm, fulfil his word. He turneth them round about by his counsels, that they may do whatsoever he commandeth them, upon the face of the world in the earth ; he causeth them to come, whether for correction or mercy.
The Lord giveth rain, both the former and the latter rain in his season, that men may gather in their corn, their wine, and their oil: he also shutteth up the heaven, that there be no rain, and that the land yield not her fruit.
He visiteth the earth, and blesseth the springing thereof: he reneweth the face of the earth, and crowneth the year with his goodness; so that the pastures are clothed with flocks, and the valleys are covered over with corn.
• He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man, that he may bring forth food out of the earth.
6 He turneth a fruitful land into barrenness, for the wickedness of them that dwell therein.
? The Lord is the God of all flesh, and of the spirits of all flesh; all his living creatures, both small and great beasts, and things creeping innumerable, wait upon him, that he may give them their meat in due season. That which he giveth them they gather; he openeth his hand, and they are filled with good. When he hideth his face, they are troubled ; when he taketh away their breath, they die and return to their dust.
1 Job xxxvii. 10.
2 Psal. cxlviii. 8. [Old Transl. Job xxxvii. 12, 13. 3 Jer. v. 24. Deut. xi. 14. 17.
4 Psal. Ixv. 9, 10. Psal. civ. 30. Psal. lxv. ll. 13.
5 Psal. civ. 14.
6 Psal. cvii. 33, 34.
7 Jer. xxxii, 17. Numb. xvi. 22. Psal. civ. 25.