« السابقةمتابعة »
OF WORDS OR LANGUAGE IN GENERAL.
1. Words are sensible signs necessary for communication.
1. The greatest part of words general.
2. For every particular thing to have a name, is impossible.
13. They are the workmanship of the understanding, but have
18. Real and nominal essence the same in simple ideas and
19. Essences ingenerable and incorruptible.
10, 11. In mixed modes, it is the name that ties the combination
12. For the originals of mixed modes, we look no farther than
13. Their being made by the understanding without patterns,
1. Particles connect parts, or whole sentences together.
1. Abstract terms not predicable one of another, and why.
10. Hence unavoidable obscurity in ancient authors.